TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership is required to train at the Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds academy.
- Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds retains the right to refuse membership or participation in any class or program. Reasons for refusing membership and/or participation are rare but can occur for the following reasons. This list is not exhaustive, a decision of refusal for participation will only be made by the owner or head instructor at that time; not adhering to our terms and conditions, policies and guidance, detrimental, abusive, derogatory, defamatory, or abusive behaviour, excessive foul language, use of excessive force or violence, purposefully seeking to injure another member or staff member, consistently running late for class and/or refusal to utilise the correct booking procedures, disrupting the positive experience of other members, poor personal hygiene, bullying or harassment, sexual misconduct. Membership may also be refused and/or terminated with immediate effect should members frequent the academy under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Members who fail to make an agreed membership payment, when given a reasonable opportunity to do so, will forfeit their membership and any privileges/credit earned to that point.
- Annual memberships are to be paid in advance either in full or by part payment if agreed upon by Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds. Upon completion of the annual term members will be given the opportunity to renew their membership annually or revert to a monthly membership scheme. A new 16 week agreement will not be in effect for annual members continuing on a monthly basis.
- Offers and incentives made by Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds at the commencement of new memberships will only be offered to new members. Should a member cancel or freeze their membership they forego their right to future offers upon reestablishing their membership.
- All new members must agree to an initial 16 week membership agreement (4 billing cycles), if joining mid-way through a month the initial billing cycle will be prorated.
- Cancellation of membership must be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice periods for all membership cancellations begin on the first day of the following month (following written notice) and end on the last day of that same month. For example; a cancellation request is received by GBRL on the 16th of March. The membership notice period will begin on the 1st April and end on the 30th April.
- Members must cancel their direct debit with their bank following notifying Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds of their intent to cancel membership.
- A failed payment fee of £12 will be payable for any returned direct debit payment requests.
- Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds reserves the right to cancel any membership without notice, and seek to recover missed payments, should a direct debit be cancelled prior to the 30 day notice period or completion of the initial 16 week agreement.
- Adult members must book onto their classes online using the TeamUp app. Failure to schedule into a class could result in not being able to participate in the session.
- Child members will be scheduled into a specific class/classes for which their membership agreement will be commensurate. This is to ensure consistency for families and correct age appropriate provision.
- Any upgrade or downgrade to your exsisting membership requires 14 day prior written notice to email@example.com
- Non-members are able to purchase a single drop-in class pack or 10 class pack, both of which are limited by 30 and 90 days respectively.
- Non-members are only allowed to participate in classes up to a maximum of 2 whole days per month. Attendance in excess of 2 whole days per month will result in class packs being revoked and a membership agreement being offered in its place.
15. Non-members will be encouraged to hire a Gracie Barra uniform for their time at the academy. Gi hire is priced at £5 and is in place to cover laundry fees.
Seminars & Special Events
- Seminars and special events are offered by Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds for the benefit and enjoyment of their members. Unless otherwise stated all members are welcome to attend. Events include but are not limited to; summer and Christmas gatherings and promotion events, club anniversaries, Grace Barra HQ organised events, competitions and special guest appearances.
- Priority for attending seminars and events will be given to full members with Founder Members being granted access to book 24 hours in advance of the release of tickets.
18. Tickets must be paid in full no less than 7 days prior to any seminar or event.
Wearing Of The Gracie Barra Uniform
- All Gracie Barra Roundhay members must wear an approved Gracie Barra uniform at all times when training. This includes; gi (white or blue – no mixed colours), rash guard and training shorts or GB spats/tights for no-gi training. Members must wear ranked rash guards appropriate to their rank at that time.
20. The purchase of Gracie Barra activewear is encouraged in order to display pride in our team outside of the academy. Members are encouraged to purchase GBWEAR directly from the academy where the best prices and incentives are available.
Code of Conduct of Parents
- Encourage and support your child in their development and love for Jiu Jitsu.
- Remain off of the mats unless otherwise encouraged by a coach or instructor.
- Refrain from discussing other people’s children and their strengths and/or weaknesses.
- Support your child by upholding the instructor’s lessons from the class when you get home. This is particularly important when we encourage your child to demonstrate positive character attributes.
- At all times be a role model for your child, lead by example.
- Remember kids enjoy their activities when they are having fun!
- Allow our coaches and instructors to do their job. Refrain from contradicting or interfering in class instruction. Should you have any questions or feedback please feel free to speak with us after the class has finished.
28. Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds retains the right to revoke and/or cancel any membership linked to a parent who consistently displays the aforementioned traits and/or disrupts the positive learning environment for our GBK members.
- Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds utilises social media as a positive celebration of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, the benefits of training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and our member’s achievements. Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds will not accept any negative use of our social media channels and retain the right to delete any derogatory comments.
- Our social media channels are not appropriate for any grievance or complaints procedure.
- Any member or parent/guardian of any GBK member continuing to utilise our social channels for negative publicity or to incite bad feeling, and who following polite requests, refuse to remove any damaging, false or inappropriate comments may forfeit their right to membership with immediate effect.
- Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in a temporary or permanent ban from Gracie Barra Roundhay Leeds channels whilst an investigation is carried out and disputes have been resolved.
33. You may be added to private membership social channels or Whatsapp groups with the purpose of better communication. Should you wish to opt out of any group please feel free to leave. You will continue to receive email and SMS updates regarding our services.
Complaints & Feedback
- In the event you are dissatisfied and wish to offer feedback or a formal complaint please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We treat complaints very seriously and offer complete confidentiality. Verbal complaints must be put in writing. We will endeavour to put right any issues where we feel the fault lies with us.
35. Where we feel that communication from members is not appropriate or abusive or continues following resolution we reserve the right to cease communications and if appropriate terminate membership with the aim of maintaining positivity and balance within the academy.